Previous planning experience
During his working career John has had almost continuous involvement with the Town and Country Planning System. He has worked closely with his planning colleagues in local government and the private sector on a wide range of policy and development control issues. This has been at both a county and district level. Not all the work has been development control focussed. He has beeb pareticularly involved in local planning policy to the point of providing evidence at publis inquiry.
Examples of the planning projects previously worked on
- Developing, managing and monitoring the implementation of section 106 agreements
- Surveying open spaces and community facilities using PPG 17 methodologies
- Developing policy at a national, county, local plan and local development framework level
- Working with developers and others on landscape design, construction and maintenance
- Acting as expert witness at planning inquiries
- Advising and liaising on development control issues as they affect open space
- Public consultation on planning policies, development schemes and their implementation
Range of projects
John has been involved with projects ranging from small urban housing and other developments to large urban fringe housing projects on redundant hospital land with associated community facilities and infrastructure. He has written and contributed to a range of planning policy documents including local plans and local development frameworks. Additionally he has been an “expert witness” at planning inquiries both for individual developments and the local plan process. In working with planning colleagues he has written the elements of section 106 agreements that relate to open space and wildlife mitigation and enhancement.